Thursday 5 September 2013

I was accepted into the CT of the lovely Cat at Cat Scrap Fever in her first ever CT call. I am very excited to get to work with her.

The first kit I have been working on is Springs Song. I have made 2 pages from this kit - I wanted to show that just because it has flowers and pink, doesn't mean it can't be used for boys!


Sticking with a simple layout and letting the photo speak for itself, I have used the bare essentials.

Single background, 'matting' around the photo is just another background paper. To make the word art - I used the black background, and placed the stamp letters alpha over the top. I then merged the alpha together (but left the background alone). Then I used the magic wand tool (in Paint Shop Pro x2) to select the negative space. Then 'Selections', 'Invert', 'Selections', 'Expand'. I expanded the selected range by 50 pixels, then clicked on the background, which promoted the selection to give me an even border around the entire word art.


0 comments:

Post a Comment